2019 Women’s State Team Selection
The Women’s State Team will consist of:
- The State Women’s Singles Winner
- The Board may issue a wildcard into the State Team if it deems necessary
- All remaining players will come from the State Team Playoff. 7 players in total will be in the WA Women’s State Team
State Team Playoffs
The State Team Playoff will consist of the following players:
- The current Women’s State Team (that travelled)
- The Winner, Runner up and Semi Finalists from the Women’s Country Week Singles
- A wildcard player/s should The Board deem necessary
- All remaining positions will be filled by the State Team Qualifying event.
Format of the State Team Playoffs:
- The State Team Playoff will consist of 16 players (see notes)
- The Cost will be $55 membership (if not already a member) plus $165 tournament fee
- The 16 players will play 2 one frame full round robins on the Saturday (alternate break)
- All Wins are tallied. The top 12 players (plus any ties) will proceed to the 2nd day of the playoffs
- The remaining 12 players (plus any ties) will playanother2 one frame full round robins on the Sunday (alternate break).
- At the conclusion ALL wins over the 2 days will be tallied and the remaining positions will be filled in the WA Women’s State Team
- This Board will adjust the number players in the State Team Playoff if it deems necessary.
- All positions must be played out, if there any ties there will be playoffs to finish with a final position list of all players in the last 12
- Should a player pull out before the final Sunday the position will be given to the player who was next in line
- If a player does not turn up or leaves before a round robin is completed, all frames against that player, including those already played, will become byes. If a full round robin is completed the wins/losses will stand.
- Dress Standard – Long Pants (or dress jeans), closed shoes, and a neat collared shirt
- Should the State Women’s Singles Winner choose not to travel the additional player position will come from the playoffs
- To represent the WA State Team, players must compete in 33% of available frames in a league competition in a Federation or Associated League (unless The Board approves otherwise)
State Team Playoff Qualifying Event
All players who are not automatically qualified for the State Team Playoff are eligible to play in the State Team Playoff Qualifier.
- The cost will be $55 Membership Fee (if not a member already) plus $33 tournament fee
- All players will play 2 full one frame round robins (alternate break) with all wins tallied
- Players will be notified prior to this event of how many players will qualify the State Team Playoff.
- There will be a minimum of 6 players qualify for the State Team Playoff